ACADEMIC SCHEDULE AND CURRICULUM
- The graduate medical curriculum is oriented towards training students to undertake the responsibilities of a Physician of first contact who is capable of looking after the preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of medicine.
- The academic year is divided into two semesters, each of six months’ duration. A semester consists of about 120 teaching days of 8 hours each during college working time, including one hour of lunch.
- Four examinations, conducted by B.N.Mandal University, Madhepura, Bihar, India are held. They are called the first, second and third professional M.B.B.S. examinations, the latter being divided into Part-I & II. In each of the subjects, a candidate must obtain 50% in aggregate with a minimum of 50% in theory including oral and a minimum of 50% in practical.
- Passing the 1st Professional M.B.B.S. examination is mandatory before proceeding on to the next phase of the training. Each subsequent professional examination, however, the student is allowed to the next phase of study.
- Internal Assessment: Internal assessment comprise approximately of 20& of the total marks in a subject. To be eligible to appear for a University examination, the candidate should have obtained minimum 35% marks in internal assessment.
- Attendance: Students must attend 75% of classes in the subject (including non-lecture teaching i.e. seminars, group discussions, tutorials, demonstrations, practicals, hospital (Tertiary, Secondary, Primary posting and bed side clinics etc.)) held in the college to be eligible to appear for a University Examination.
TRAINING PERIOD/EXAMINATION/SUBJECTS OF STUDY
|PHASE||SEMESTER||NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION||SUBJECTS EXAMINED||OTHER SUBJECTS TAUGHT|
|I (Pre-Clinical)||1 & 2||First Professional M.B.B.S(during second semester)||1. Anatomy
|1. Community Medicine including Humanities|
|II (Para-Clinical)||3, 4 & 5||Second Professional M.B.B.S (during 5th semester)||1. Pathology
4. Forensic Medicine & Technology
|1. Community Medicine
5. Skin & STD
7. T.B. & Chest Diseases
14. Gynaecology & Obstetrics
|III Clinical Part-I||6 & 7||Third Professional M.B.B.s. Part-I (during 7th semester)||1. Community Medicine
3. Skin & STD
4. T.B. & Chest Diseases
11. Gynaecology & Obstetrics
|IV Clinical Part-II||8 & 9||Third Professional M.B.B.S. Part-II (During 9th semester)||1. Medicine
4. Gynaecology & Obstetrics
2. Skin & STD
3. T.B. & Chest Diseases