The Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy is functioning since the inception of the college.
Postgraduate (MD dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy) degree was permitted by MCI and started in the year of 2008.
Accommodation: There is a separate ward for Male and Female patients of 30 bed each (Total number of beds: 60)
Unit/Service Lab/Day Clinic: There are two units headed by Professor and his respective teams (Professor, associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Senior Resident, Junior resident)
Service Lab: There are separate laboratories in the Dermatology OPD and ward.
Day Clinic/Special Clinic: There are special clinics for vitiligo, STD, Psoriasis, Leprosy, Melasma and acne.
Facility for teaching: Audio-visual aids are available. Clinical teaching for UG and PG at OPD and ward.
Special Procedure Performed
- Punch Grafting/Thiersch Grafting/Smash Grafting for vitiligo.
- Mole, Milia, Molluscum, Wart removal
- All types of Acne surgery
- Laser Surgery for unwanted Hair
Under Graduate programme
Objectives: Should be able to diagnose and treat common skin diseases, STD and leprosy.
Post Graduate Programme
- Should be able to diagnose common as well as difficult and complicated cases of dermatology, STD and leprosy.
- Should be able to do common dermatological and cosmetological procedures.
- Should be able to teach undergraduate students.
- Journal review club
- Group discussion
- Case presentation
- Histopathological seminar