Student's Grievance Redressal Cell
A Students’ Grievance Redressal Cell is being reconstituted consisting of the following members:
- Principal – Chairperson
- Dr. R. B. Gupta, Prof. & Head, FMT – Secretary
- Dr. Priyanka Paul Biswas, Assoc. Prof., Microbiology – Member
- Dr. Kahkashan Akhter, Assoc. Prof., Microbiology – Member
- Mr. Ghazi Danish Ahmad, Asst. System Engineer – Member
Function of the Cell
To look into and redress the academic and non-academic grievances of students.
Scope of the Cell
Every grievance of the students that the college can reasonable deal with.
Student(s) may call for a meeting of the cell only after having made a reasonable attempt to resolve the grievance with the relevant authority and wherein such grievance was not resolved or dealt with in a reasonable time period.
Student(s) may also call for a meeting of the cell, wherein the student feels that reporting a grievance to the relevant authority could have an adverse impact on the student or could possibly comprise his/her/their security.
Procedure of the Cell:
- A student or a group of students seeking help of the cell submit an application to the Chairperson requesting to hold a meeting with the cell. The student(s) is/are advised not to mention anything about the grievance in the application to preclude leakage of information.
- The Chairperson, thtough the secretary, shall promptly notify all the members of the cell and the concerned student(s) – in writing – of the timing and venue to convene a meeting with the student(s) to hear his/her/their case. The Secretary shall make sure that such meeting takes place by the end of the next working day after the submission of application.
- The minutes of the meeting shall be prepared by the Secretary and is to be signed by all the members present in the meeting (including the Secretary) and the student(s).
- The cell shall make sure that the grievance has been redressed in reasonable time period or in cases where the cell is unable to redress the grievance, provide an explanation to the student(s) for its inability to resolve the same.
In case the Chairperson is absent, student(s) is/are advised to submit an application directly to the Secretary.